Remove the guesswork from your creatives and get testing
A/B Testing is a foundational part of good Ad campaigns and it is a proven technique to improve your campaign performance, ultimately having a positive impact on your bottom line.
- A/B test and automatically deliver the best performing Ad design
- Find out which creatives resonate best with your audience for future campaigns
- Reduce risk by analysing audience behaviour before committing significant budget
What is A/B testing?
A/B testing or split testing as it is also known, is the process of running two or more variations of an Ad design which are shown to selected website visitors simultaneously so you can find out which variation brings the best performance which in turn gives you the most successful Ad campaigns.
The Ad design with the most engagement becomes the ‘winner’ from the A/B test and is used going forwards, the losing Ad gets archived. What metrics you use are dependent on your business and campaign goals.
E-commerce brands need to promote their products to interested audiences, retarget visitors with products previously viewed or retarget users that abandoned their cart, the goal is sales. Other businesses may measure their campaign success in terms of the number of quality leads generated. Whatever the targeted outcome, A/B testing allows you to constantly improve your results by comparing different Ad designs.
What variables can drive up performance?
By running the Ad variants in a structured test and using results data to inform what Ad works best, this removes the guesswork and bias on future campaigns. Typically the winning Ad design will be the one with the best performing click-through-rate (CTR).
There are so many variables that can be tested, it is often daunting to get started, but the crucial point is to test one variable at a time. Here’s a few ideas to start, that can help to improve your click through rate (CTR):
- Images – A/B test the imagery used in your Ads to see which gets more engagement
- CTA & Ad copy – experiment with different copy and CTAs
- Headline – vary the headlines you use to grab customer attention
- Ad Design – small details like background or button colours can often make a difference
A/B testing allows you to see what works best with your target audience so you can squeeze as much as you can from the bottom of the funnel. Decide which variables you want to test, set out a plan to test and make sure you can capture and store performance results. Once you have the tests planned, get creative!
Automate A/B testing with Fluid Ads
Setting up and running A/B tests takes time and effort and this is where Fluid Ads comes in – we make it easy for you to test your ad designs and see which creatives resonate best with your audience so you can automatically deliver a more successful ad campaign.
Fluid Ads A/B Testing allows you to connect two Ad Designs to your campaign which will run to the first set of users simultaneously. Once the A/B testing threshold (a target number of customers which you can set) is reached our platform automatically analyses the performance data from your A/B test and delivers the creative with the best CTR for the rest of the campaign.
Data-driven decision-making with Fluid Ads
This automation saves hours of time spent capturing, analysing and managing the test process, it could not be simpler with Fluid Ads. Fluid Ads removes the hassle of finding the right tool or calculator to measure the statistical performance in your data and crunching the numbers.
Campaigns with A/B tests are structured to ensure tests are run simultaneously, making them representative by removing biases such as variations in traffic volume at different times of the day or week. This automatically takes the guesswork out of your ad designs and applies data-driven decision-making to increase the success of your campaigns and increase marketing ROI.
Design and A/B test your ads today by signing up for a complimentary Fluid Ads account. You only pay when you want to send your campaigns live or take your ad tags away.
Fluid Ads can do more than create and A/B test Ad designs
Fluid Ads has a host of ad solutions to help create beautiful, on brand Ads and deliver them to the right people. We focus on delivering the full end-to-end digital ad campaign process through four key areas:
- Building Ads – Use our production team for beautiful eye-catching ads or create your own from scratch or a template in our platform
- Targeting Ads – With Contextual, Keyword Search, Geofencing, Geolocation and Retargeting options in platform you can target your ads to the right audience. Our managed service capabilities include social media along with all of the above.
- Media Buying – We can easily buy the right media space to showcase your ads through a managed service or our ad platform
- Reporting – Industry leading reporting plus prospecting insights for B2B
Our team of digital advertising experts are on hand to support your digital advertising campaigns or our self-serve platform allows you to do it yourself. Fluid Ads caters to all businesses looking to improve their marketing ROI and digital advertising performance.